FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Don’t worry, it’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for the Islander Alumni Association. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows us to hear about your personal experiences and explain how the Island University has helped shape your lives.
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Legacy – Preserves the oral history of our school.
- Updated Information – Allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni.
- Pride – Wearing apparel shows support and love for our school.
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time on the Island. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to us at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi update line at 1-855-376-1807.
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com or directly to us at the Islander Alumni Association.
You can call back at any time to share your story or schedule a call back with an agent.
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
You will receive an email prior to publication with a link to review your transcribed story and make any edits.
You may share as little or as much as you’d like. Some people only want to share a story, others only want to share a photo and caption.
The ‘Stories from the Island’ book is available for sale only to Island University alumni.
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in April 2021, the books will be distributed in April/May 2022 in coordination with Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi 75th Anniversary.
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.