WE’RE GOING TO ITALY!
JUNE 8-16, 2020
They say the world’s your oyster and that a picture’s worth a thousand words, but traveling and experiencing new cultures is anything but cliché. With this we’ve launched our very own travel program and invite you to go with us!
Join us on our FIRST-EVER trip, as we visit the beautiful country of Italy. Enjoy all the amazing sights the country has to offer with your fellow Alumni and friends of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi…and YES, guests are absolutely invited!
DETAILS & ITINERARY
Feel the pulse of Italy’s vibrant culture.
We’ve picked three iconic cities at the pulse of Italy’s vibrant culture, both past and present. Venice brings romance to the forefront, with sprawling Baroque palaces and meandering, gondola-dotted canals. The Renaissance is tangible in Florence, where the presence of the world’s greatest artists can still be felt. And in Rome, history is ever-present, from the crumbling Colosseum to the Forum. The people, the food, the way of life—experience what Italy is all about as you make your way from one city to the next.
June 8th: Travel day
Board your overnight flight to Venice today.
June 9th: Arrival in Venice
Welcome to Italy! Transfer to your hotel and get settled in. Later, meet your fellow travelers at tonight’s welcome dinner.
June 10th: Sightseeing tour of Venice
Admire historic churches, winding canals, and picture-perfect piazzas on a guided tour of the city known as “the Queen of the Adriatic.”
- Step into the iconic St. Mark’s Square and enter St. Mark’s Basilica
- View the stately Doge’s Palace, built in the Venetian Gothic style in 1340
- Marvel at the Bridge of Sighs, the link between Doge’s Palace and the New Prison
- See a glassblowing demonstration to learn about the city’s most celebrated art
- Enjoy a free afternoon in Venice or add an excursion.
June 11th: Transfer to Florence & sightseeing tour
Cross through the Apennine Mountains as you make your way to Florence. Once you arrive, get to know the city with a local guide. View:
- The legendary Florence Cathedral, known as the Duomo
- Pass Giotto’s Campanile, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture
- Walk past Piazza della Repubblica to the medieval Ponte Vecchio
- Stroll along the Arno River and through the courtyard of the Uffizi Gallery to Piazza della Signoria, center of Florentine life Sit down for an included dinner this evening.
June 12th: Free day in Florence
Enjoy a free day in Florence or add an excursion.
June 13th: Transfer to Rome & sightseeing tour
Depart Florence for Rome, where you’ll follow in the footsteps of the ancient Romans on a guided tour of the Eternal City.
- Soak up over 2,000 years of history in Imperial Rome, viewing the Arch of Constantine and the Arch of Titus
- Enter the Colosseum, the largest amphitheater of the Roman Empire
- Stop at the ruins of the Forum, once the setting of parades, elections, and trials
- Pass by Palatine Hill to see Circus Maximus, the stadium where ancient Romans raced chariots, and the Baths of Caracalla.
June 14th: Free day in Rome
Enjoy a free day in Rome or add excursions. Additional excursion can be taken to the Vatican City depending on the day of the week.
June 15th: Free day in Rome
Enjoy another free day to explore Rome or add an excursion. This evening, enjoy an elegant, four-course farewell dinner. While you dine, you’ll be treated to some of opera’s best-loved arias sung by professional tenors.
June 16th: Departure
Transfer to the airport for your flight home, or extend your stay to visit the Sorrento peninsula.
Your package includes
7 nights in handpicked hotels, 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners with beer or wine, 3 guided sightseeing tours, Expert Tour Director & local guides and a private deluxe motor coach.